Wednesday, January 21, 2015

"I'd Like to Hand it to You!"

   I love photographing hands...hands at work, hands at rest.  Hands reveal so much.  This is a hand project that has been rumbling around in my head for awhile.

   If you could hand someone a special gift, something that you feel is essential for their happiness and well being, what would it be?  Well, here is my gift to you for 2015...

 I give you the gift of
 a seeking heart.

   This is, as some of you may recognize, my scallop shell container which holds my pilgrim tokens.  I bought it a few years ago in France and it goes everywhere with me now.  It symbolizes that "seeking heart" to me.  Pilgrims of any stripe are seekers and the journey needn't be to faraway places.  Seekers are those who are always looking, always open to the new and the serendipitous.  Seekers may grow old in body but never in spirit...they are life long learners on every level that matters.

   Now, what would you give to others if you could?  How would you symbolically represent it?  If any of you wish to share your gift with those on this blog, please send me a photograph of your hand holding the "gift".  Send it to Upcloseandfaraway@hotmail.com.  I would love to see what your gift would be! 





2 comments:

Silver Sue said...

I have been home healing today. My healing journey has been enriched by your gift of thinking about hands I have known, especially when I worked in senior living communities, and also what gifts I would give people. I gotta hand it to you.....gratitude!

Patricia Turner said...

Thank you so much Sue! Gratitude is an awesome gift! We all could use more of it!